This week’s goal is to make each day 9 smaller paintings on one page capturing portrait partials and other objects that are directly influencing my self perception. By that I will paint a collecting of items that at the end present myself. I took some inspiration from Carole Schneemann‘s ‘Partial Portraits’, 1963 and the Cluster pictures by Juliette Blightman hanging on the wall at the exhibition.
Due to time constraints I stopped after four days, allocating more time for course and assignment work.
- A combination of objects (figurative alongside man-made objects) provides a narrative of my life perhaps closer to a personal insight as self-portrait
- This will be the last week of daily self-portraits before my assignment. I have to see how to continue with my daily practice.
The following paintings are done on 48 x 36 cm paper, each small painting is roughly 16×18 cm
#61: 9 paintings in acrylic on paper (48 x 36 cm)
– Three colors: Red plus blue plus white
#60: 9 paintings in acrylic on paper (48 x 36 cm)
- Three colors: a mixed brown plus white plus blue
#59: 9 paintings in acrylic on paper (48 x 36 cm)
- Two colors: a mixed brown plus white
#58: 9 paintings in acrylic on paper (48 x 36 cm)
- One Color: a mixed brown (Azo Red, Ultramarine, Azo Yellow, Paynes Grey)
- Carole Schneemann ‘Portrait Partials‘, 1963 (Available from: http://www.caroleeschneemann.com/works.html)
- Juliette Blightman ‘Cluster of daily smaller drawings and paintings‘ (see my exhibition visit, weblog post 25 Sep 2016 ) Available from: http://ocapainting1.stefanschaffeld.com/?p=2240